The holidays are my favorite time of year as we all take time to give more to others and reflect on everything for which we are thankful.
As I reflect on 2019, the Cadillac Area Community Foundation is proud to have played a part in a number of activities that have led to positive results in our community.
- we celebrated our 30th Anniversary this past June, as part of our celebration, the Foundation awarded 3-$10,000 grants (After 26 Café, Oasis FRC, and Healing Private Wounds) for their work in changing lives for the better every day
- we hosted a breakfast for Agents of Wealth with speaker David Bennett, the President of the Community Foundation Research and Training Institute
- we supported four local Executive Directors through the Leadership Learning Lab – an advanced training program for leaders in their organizations
- we received our Silver Seal of Transparency from Guidestar, which means we embrace transparency and publicly share important information about our work and finances
- we received our National Standards Seal, which certifies we meet, and exceed, federal and state law requirements in practice and by policy, and demonstrate our commitment to accountability and excellence to our donors and the public
We are also thrilled to say, because of our donors charitable giving, we were able to award over $440,000 towards bettering the quality of life in our Community.
Looking back, one of our goals from our 2018 Strategic Plan, was to become the “hub” for all things philanthropic in our area. By attending several meetings each month that focus on multiple aspects of the community, the Foundation has the opportunity to share our mission with organizations that support our community, share community information with our donors, and target grantmaking to where it is needed the most.
For years, we waited for grant applications from non-profit organizations, now we are able to actively find ways to connect our donors with the needs and challenges in our community.
I feel so grateful to wake up each day and come to work at a job that makes positive changes to the lives of so many people.
I hope you will consider a gift to the Cadillac Area Community Foundation to support the impactful work we do each day. Christmas is truly the season of giving…….and giving back.
We wish you and your family a joyful, safe and charitable holiday season.